Edited by John Hansen, Carl Tobin, Earthquake expert, Isobel Palmer
The skin is the body’s largest organ, and it is constantly in contact with the elements. The pores can become filled with pollutants and dirt. It can also puff up from diet and circulation problems. If you are used to detoxing, you may notice that once you start the detoxification process you have extra blemishes. Starting a daily or seasonal skin care detoxification can brighten skin and reduce acne and redness. Diet, exercise, brushing and treatments can all help to improve the look and feel of the skin. Find out how to detox your skin.
Method 2 of 2: Skin Detoxifying Treatments
Start a daily skin brushing regime. Brushing your body with a natural bristled brush when it is dry can stimulate your lymphatic system and reduce puffiness. Always brush in circular motions toward the heart.
- Begin brushing on the soles of your feet. Start with 1 leg and work up to the tops of the feet, ankles and work your way up the legs. Brush in an upward direction.
- Use circular counter-clockwise strokes on your abdomen. Brush your thighs, buttocks and abdomen more than once. Make sure to get all surfaces thoroughly, including your back.
- Continue to your hands and work your way up the arms. Start with your left hand up to the shoulders and then start on the right hand.
- Do very gentle motions on the chest, avoiding the nipples. Use gentle strokes on the upper chest and neck. The skin is very sensitive in these areas. Use very soft circular motions on your face. Ensure you don’t stretch the skin.
- Take a shower, alternating hot and cold water. This will remove dead skin cells and stimulate circulation. Dry off and cover your body with natural oil, such as jojoba oil.
- Fill half of a bathtub full of warm water. Measure 2 cups (473 ml) of 35 percent hydrogen peroxide and pour them in the bath. Dip your body in the water for a few minutes. Alternatively, spray your body with a solution of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide after a shower and let air dry to deliver more oxygen into your pores.
- Fill a bathtub with hot water. Add a cup (240 g) of epsom salts and a cup (237 ml) of unfiltered apple cider vinegar to the water. This can draw out dirt from the pores and relieve joint pain.