(Recipe may be halved) I make about 130 cookies from this recipe. It’s a favorite!!! : )
Not the most healthy but every now and then you want to splurge on the goodness of sugar.
2 cups butter (4 sticks of butter)
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1- 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated or finely chopped) or 8 oz. shaved semi sweet chocolate
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped or chipped nuts (optional)
* Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
* Cream the butter and both sugars.
* Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
* Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts (optional).
* Roll into 1 inch balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees (time may vary due to elevation and oven)