Did you know that many of the foods we eat resemble the body part or organ they help?
Here are a few examples.
- The carotene in carrots helps protect and improve your eye sight, and when you look at a carrot that has been sliced, it looks like the human eye.
- Just like your heart, a tomato has four internal chambers and tomatoes provide your heart with a vital nutrient called lycopine.
- Shelled walnuts look like a brain and contain the brain boosting food, Omega-3′s.
- Kidney beans look exactly like their body counterpart, the kidney and contain nutrients that help heal and maintain kidney function.
- Stalky veggies like celery, bokchoy, and rhubarb resemble the body’s skeletal bones. These veggies specifically help strengthen bones.
- Sweet Potatoes are shaped like the pancreas and contain nutrients that help balance the glycemic index of diabetics.
- Onions look like cells in your body and research has shown that onions can help eliminate waste materials from all of the body cells.